Let me tell you, a Le Salon bride is a strong bride. I just spoke to Stephanie, a bride-to-be we’re totally crazy about, whose fiance recently returned from a tour in Afghanistan and every now and then still has to be away from home for extended periods for training. Now that she’s a seasoned pro at the whole distance thing, Stephanie was glad to help a girl out and spill some of her best tips for making a long-distance love affair survive & thrive.
- Stay busy! Think of it this way: while your sweetie is off and out of the way, you finally have time to do all those projects you’ve been putting off! Clean out your closet, re-upholster the couch, and scour your Pinterest board. I promise you haven’t done half of the cute things you’ve pinned yet. The busier you are, the faster time flies.
- Get out off that couch and out of the house! The more you’re home, the more you’re going to be thinking about them.
- Fighting is super common when you’ve been separated for awhile, but it’s NOT worth it – especially if your loved one is away on deployment: fighting is just a distraction from them staying safe and getting the job done.
- Rely on your family. Do not feel like a burden because this is the time you need them most.
- If you do not hear from your spouse when you are supposed to do not panic! Things happen. Maybe they got called into work, maybe the internet was down, or maybe the poor guy just fell asleep. Don’t assume he’s in danger, ignoring you, or out getting into trouble.
- Try to form a relationship with another girl in a long-distance situation. Call her up when you miss him, when the stove breaks, or when you need to vent about a friend whose man is gone for *gasp* a whole weekend. Annoying, right?
- It’s okay to throw the (occasional!) pity party. It’s okay to stay in your pajamas, eat all of the ice cream, and hate everyone for a day. It happens! Sometimes.
- Aside from the one or two allowed pity parties, take care of yourself. Eat healthy, get some Zzz’s, and keep hitting the gym. Don’t stop shaving your legs because you’re the only one who’ll see them. Seriously.
- Most importantly…
The opinions in this article are subject to the editorial author of this post. Le Salon encourages brides to try multiple boutiques and designers to find the one. Questions? Want to Book an Appointment at our Bridal Shop in Birmingham, Michigan (MI)? call 313-924-1651 or email us.